Valentine’s Day was made for cities like San Francisco. This city has played a prominent role in many romantic comedies. With its iconic landmarks, breathtaking views, and diverse cultural offerings, San Francisco provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable celebration of love.
Whether you’re a local looking to rediscover your city or a couple planning a romantic getaway, here are the top 10 romantic destinations to make this Valentine’s Day memorable in San Francisco:
- Alamo Square Park
- Pack a picnic basket and head to Alamo Square Park for a charming afternoon. With its famous “Painted Ladies” Victorian houses as a backdrop, the park provides a picturesque setting for a relaxing date. Enjoy the scenery and each other’s company under the shade of the park’s grand trees.
- Napa Valley Wine Tour
- Take a short drive with Urban Worldwide from San Francisco to Napa Valley for a romantic wine-tasting experience. Explore the vineyards, savor exquisite wines, and share a romantic meal at one of the many charming restaurants. The scenic drive and world-class wine make for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day escape.
- Valentine’s Day Cruise
- End your romantic day with a cruise on the San Francisco Bay. Several companies offer special Valentine’s Day cruises with dinner, live music, and stunning city skyline views. Sail under the twinkling lights of the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge for a truly magical evening.
- North Beach & Little Italy Food Tour
- Experience the North Beach & Little Italy Food Tour, a delightful culinary journey through San Francisco’s charming Little Italy neighborhood, North Beach. Enjoy a 3-hour stroll of flavors featuring tastings of freshly baked bread, handcrafted pizzas, local olive oils, and more. The tour operates daily at both 10 am and 2 pm. Ensure your spot by checking ticket availability for this delectable food adventure.
- San Francisco Concerts
- Golden State Warriors Basketball
- Catch the Golden State Warriors home on Valentine’s Day as they face off against the LA Clippers at the Chase Center on Wednesday night at 7 pm. Witness outstanding performances from key players such as Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green. It’s a perfect occasion to experience the excitement of a live basketball game featuring some of the team’s top talents.
- San Francisco Theatre & Broadway Highlights
- 1. This February, San Francisco offers entertainment featuring Broadway shows, Cirque du Soleil, and captivating theater performances. Whether it’s the weekend before, after, or on Valentine’s Day itself, you’ll discover a variety of shows to choose from.
- MJ the Musical: Gain exclusive insights into Michael Jackson’s 1992 Dangerous World Tour in this captivating Broadway production. Join in singing his iconic hits and delve into the behind-the-scenes moments of this monumental world tour. Secure your tickets for an unforgettable experience.
- Cirque du Soleil – KOOZA: Discover the world of Cirque du Soleil under the Grand Chapiteau at Oracle Park. This February, witness the enchanting performance of KOOZA, a journey narrated through the eyes of a naive clown known as The Innocent. Ensure your spot for this extraordinary experience.
- Dear San Francisco: If you want something that brings the city back to life through circus acts, live original music, and more, this 90-minute show is perfect for you. This exciting performance unfolds most nights at Club Fugazi in North Beach.
- Coit Tower
- Head up Telegraph Hill and check out the excellent views of San Francisco from Coit Tower. This incredible spot has some history and creates a cozy setting for couples to chill and take in the city lights. The elevator ride and the stunning scenery will make for a memorable time.
- Romantic Bars in San Francisco
- Since Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday night and many bars can shut down early, here’s some good news for you! Check out these bars keeping the party going with extended hours for your Wednesday night romantic outing:
- Hotel Biron Wine Bar: Hotel Biron Wine Bar is a charming and intimate spot in Hayes Valley. Tucked away from the main street, it’s an ideal location for a pre or post-dinner drink. Open every day from 5 pm to 1 am, you can find this gem at 45 Rose Street (between Market Street & Gough Street).
- The Barrel Room: For another romantic and laid-back option, consider The Barrel Room. It’s the perfect setting for a delightful date night with an intimate ambience. Serving wine and beer with enticing lunch and dinner menus, their hours are Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm. Discover this hidden treasure at 415 Sansome Street.
- Muir Woods Half-Day Excursion
- Get ready to chill in the calm vibes of Muir Woods National Monument, where you’ll hang out with the fabulous Coastal Redwood Trees. This half-day tour lets you get up close and personal with these ancient giants. It’s happening all weekend, and you can even choose to cruise back to San Francisco on the Sausalito Ferry.
Make This Valentine’s Day Memorable
As you plan your Valentine’s Day adventure in San Francisco, consider adding an extra layer of luxury to your experience with Urban Worldwide’s premium car services. Elevate your journey with comfort and style, ensuring every moment with your loved one is as special as possible. Your ride is here.